Thursday, March 10, 2011

In other "Oh, Gaddafi, you nut!" news


Earlier this week, Libya’s Muammar Gaddafi blamed the uprising against his government on foreign influences, notably that of al-Qaeda. (He also explained that the Libyan rebels were all on hallucinogenic drugs, so… maybe not everything the Colonel says should be treated equally.)

I sat down and thought about the idea of Col. Gaddafi’s imported loyalist mercenary scumbags throwing down against the remaining al-Qaeda lunatics we haven’t killed with armed Predator drones. I mean, I really thought about it. Tried to see all the angles, like.

Thing is, I just can’t find a down side.

Yes, it’s hard to know who to root for. (I guess Libya’s got a flag, but if I decided to root for al-Qaeda, I wouldn’t have the slightest idea what color to paint my face. But I would definitely wear a nacho hat while watching it all play out on CNN.)

But whoever loses, the West wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment